Thursday 29 March 2012

Remember me ?

It's been a while since we got back from Brighton and lots has happened on the football front. Belper have extended their unbeaten run to 10 games - 9 wins and a draw. They sit just outside the play off places and hope is high that we can nick that last place. It's still a tough ask but it can be done on current form. The two biggest games remaining are the trip to Sheffield FC on Easter Monday and the home game with Leek Town who are the two sitting in places that we can catch.
Results since my last post:
Belper 3 Kidsgrove Ath 1
Stamford 1 Belper 1
Belper 3 Hucknall Town 0
Belper 1 Lincoln Utd 0
New Mills 1 Belper 4
Photos from the first four games are on my Flickr site here: Belper Town Gallery
Ken took on the photo duties at New Mills and produced tho cracking set showing all the goals and near misses Kens Snaps
Froggy reached 30 goals for the second season running with his second strike at New Mills - and generally the past two seasons haven't been particularly good - I can't imagine how many he's have scored in a top side.

Cycling wise I've been out quite a bit on the Pinarello. I changed the cadence sensor over from the Boardman. Recent rides include a 10, 26 & 20 miles last week with this weeks efforts so far 10 on Monday and a 40 miler today in 2h 42m 41s. A glorious day with the temp getting up to around the 20+ mark - just didn't want to come back so I kept going until my knee said 'enough now' What that 40 miles did do was take me past 1,000 miles since returning to the saddle

I tried the clip less pedals but didn't get on with them at all - they just don't release the pedals easily - and even though I only tried them in the garage I started having knee pain due to the twisting action of getting your foot out. Afraid they will have to go on EBay to recoup some of the money.
Might get a few more miles in tomorrow but it won't be too many as we're out for a meal at 7pm with Mike and Jenny next door.
Then on Saturday it's another new ground for me as we go to Coalville for the first time. Hucknall was my 62nd non-league ground. New Mills would have been a new ground but for the 2nd time circumstances meant I missed that trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment