Friday 9 September 2011

It's all coming back to me - slowly

This morning we were expecting a delivery of a new sofa and chair from Laura Ashley - only the chair arrived which was a bit of a blow, especially as we had sold the old sofa to next door and delivered it last night ready for the new one... Apparently there was a mix up and it's now coming in about two weeks, good thing we don't get too many visitors.

Today saw the longest ride since I returned to the saddle, . For anyone who knows Belper and the surrounding environs the route went like this. From or house up to Over Lane down to Kilburn Toll Bar (avoiding the White Van man who overtook me and then cut back in front), right at Kilburn Toll Bar to Little Eaton, along Eaton bank and back to the A6 at the Duffield triangle. A6 to Milford, along the Chevin and back into Belper at the mill. Back along the A6 and up Field Lane, Church Street and Chesterfield Road. Along Far Laund and then back home. 15 miles in exactly 1 hour. The bike is starting to feel comfortable again - the new tyres are good, think I'll change the pedal as they aren't the most comfortable. I don't think i'll go for the clipless pedals this time as I did once before - think I'll leave that for another time.

Just made it back before the heavens opened, but with the sun shining at the same time we were treated to a full rainbow (couldn't quite get it all in with the little compact I had to hand).

After that the clouds seemed to clear a bit and by the time it had gone dark we were also treated to the sight of an almost full moon. I hooked the 70-200mm L lens onto the 50D and snapped a few shots through the window in the bedroom. After trying a few different manual settings I finally came up with this one which I was quite pleased with.


Tomorrow it's back to league action with the visit of Grantham Town. We haven't beaten The Gingerbreads in the last three attempts and although they haven't started the season well they are always a threat. The Grantham fans are sure to make a big noise as they always do. Pressure is on for belper to put in a good performance after last weeks defeat at Market Deeping. Prediction ? I think I'll go for a scoring draw but I hope I'm wrong and Belper take all three points. 
After the match it's straight round to Carts to watch Coventry v Derby County on SKY TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment