Tuesday 6 September 2011

Up and Running - well cycling

Yesterday saw me out on the Peugeot for the first time in about 13 years - what a strange feeling to be back on 20mm tyres rather than the chunky mountain bike tyres I've been on for the past few weeks. the strangest part was the gear changing - having to reach down for the gear levers when I've got so used to the twist grips on the handlebars. It was harder work than I thought it was going to be especially up hill, I guess thats down to the gearing compared with the mountain bike set up. Eventually it began to flow a little and I completed a 7.8 mile circuit in 32 minutes although it was blowing a gale at times. I need to do the usual 7.46 mile circuit in calm conditions to see how it compares with the MTB (although I haven't yet got the confidence of going flat out down hill yet like I do on the wide tyres.
Today I spent about 30 minutes putting the new tyres onto the old rims - like the bike ride yesterday it turned out to be harder than expected. I managed to break a couple of tyre levers in the process but I got there in the end. They look quite smart with the blue edges - will see how they perform either tomorrow or Friday. You can't really see the tyres on the above photo but you can on this close up:

No comments:

Post a Comment