Monday 21 November 2011

Interest addition to the Programme Collection

A couple of game back I was given a few old Belper Town programmes by a chap at the ground who I know by sight and to talk to but don't know his name.
There was only one that wasn't already in my collection (currently standing at 2009) but one interesting find amongst them was this one:
Nothing special in the programme sense, just a typical 1960's issue from Belper. An A4 sheet folded into three and printed on coloured paper. What makes it interesting, at least to me, is the date. 31st August 1963. Not only my birthday but my actual DAY of birth. As far as I am aware I was born at 3pm on that Saturday so just as Belper were kicking off against the Tulips I was making my entrance into this world - bit of a coincidence don't you think ? For those who are interested Belper won 4-2 with goals from Lakin, Wallbank, Jones & and own goal.
After work today I visited the Nuffield Hospital again and had the Exercise Tolerance Test (or treadmill). The results were as expected, the ectopic beats disappear as the heartbeat increases so exercise is not a problem. I was given the all clear as such and advised to contact the Cardiologist again if any other other symptoms turn up - sounds good to me.
Tomorrow is the trip to Goole - still haven't decided whether to go or not, I'll decide tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment