Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome to 2012

Well thats 2011 over with then, can't say I'm sorry to see the back of it what with one thing and another. Dad dying back in February, the economy falling apart, the knock on effect to workers and the tens of thousands of people being put out of work as a result.
On a lesser level the football has been pretty poor (unless you count the honeymoon period when Peter Duffield took over from Tommy Taylor. Tomorrows trip to Ilkeston looks less than promising by way of winning although we beat them at our place despite them being the better side. Perhaps we'll start 2012 with a win and three points...perhaps.
I'm not one to make new year resolutions so I'm just going to try and keep up the cycling and hopefully increase the mileage as the weather starts to improve in the Springtime.
So how did I begin the new year ? Well I put together my new bike stand - which took about 1 1/2 hours - brilliant piece of kit for £60 - really sturdy. It will make cleaning and maintaining the bikes a lot easier in the future.
Yesterday I did a 15.5 mile ride - like a plonker I forgot my water bottle which made it a lot harder than it probably needed to be. The ride took 1 hour 5 mins which was a decent time considering it took in the Chevin and the usual ride back up from the A6.

No comments:

Post a Comment